A New Paradigm for Optimal Health and Dis-Ease Management
Medicine the way it should be.
What is Functional Medicine?
Functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership.
Functional Medicine is an evolution that best addresses the increasing Health-Care needs of the 21st Century. We look beyond the ‘tip of the iceberg’ 4 Better Health.
Even though Americans are filling 4.3 billion prescriptions worth nearly $374 billion on medicine yearly and another $20 billion spent on Over the counter (OTC) medications yearly, we are sicker, heavier and more exhausted than ever, all the while. That is not Health-Care, that is Sick-Care.
How is Functional Medicine different?
As Functional Medicine Experts:
- We won’t discount your symptoms as ‘normal aging’.
- We empathize and validate your concerns through detailed history taking, listen to you and accept and value each symptom as a key piece to your health puzzle.
- We don’t separate your body into parts; we support each part to help them work together synergistically
- We recognize, respect and emphasize the factors that feed or fight disease using a DINE approach: Detoxification, Inflammation, Nutrients and Energy,
- We use an integrative, science-based healthcare approach, state of the art data collection, and a systems-oriented approach.
- We integrate Functional Medicine into the “Western” (Traditional) Medicine to optimize your health and offer you options other than medications for life.
- We focus on reversing conditions and prevention through individualized diet recommendations, supplements, lifestyle modifications and stress reduction.
In order to heal you must address all 4 Tenets 4 Better Health
- Remove: Remove the harmful such as allergic foods, parasites, yeast, bad bacteria and toxins – aided by DETOXIFICATION.
- Reinoculate: Decrease INFLAMMATION by adding back good bacteria to the GI tract with probiotic and prebiotic foods.
- Repair/Replace: Replenish key NUTRIENTS (usually vitamins, minerals and amino acids) that lack in a disease state and are essential to healing the gut.
- Rebalance: Examine lifestyle choices – in order to allow the body to function optimally there must be a focus on reducing stress. Ensuring and Free and healthy body ENERGY is key. 5-10 min a day of self-care could completely change your life. Try a YouTube or iPhone meditation, yoga, or journaling. We, ourselves, must admit we work very hard to address this on a regular basis.
Our practice is a Functional Medicine practice. We require our patients to have a separate Primary Care Provider.
To book your appointment, call 508-625-1807 or fill out the Health History form.
We have a 48-hour cancellation policy. See FAQ for details