We require this health history be filled out PRIOR TO SCHEDULING to ensure our support will benefit you and to book you for the time we feel we will need for your appointment. This form can be found here.
Once Health History forms are submitted, our providers will review the completed form and contact the patient within 7 business days. Not all patients and providers are a match. Once a decision is made, our admin will reach out to set up the initial consultation or to offer other practice recommendations.
We are NOT primary care providers. We are a Functional Medicine Practice only. Therefore, do not offer Primary care or Internal Medicine and do require you to have a Primary Care Provider.
4 Better Health providers are licensed to care for patients over 13 years old.
We are OUT OF NETWORK with all insurance companies to include Medicare.
We are not accepting patients with the following diagnoses or conditions at this time:
- Chronic Lyme
- Heavy Metal Detox and Heavy Metal Chelation IV
- Unstable Psychiatric
**Weight loss – We cannot guarantee weight loss. While our patients may lose weight, we work with our patients using the functional medicine foundations for balance and inflammation reduction. We empathize with and validate a patient’s desire to lose weight, we find weight loss happens as a ‘side effect’ of lowered inflammation, balanced hormones and metabolism, better sleep, prioritizing stress reduction and optimizing nutrient dense eating.
We offer Phone and HIPAA compliant Telehealth appointments as long as we have seen the patient in our office for an initial consultation. Patients are required to be seen in the office at least once yearly.
We offer Telehealth only appointments for Florida residents without the need to be seen in our office.
We cannot guarantee eradication of a disease/diagnosis. The foundation of functional medicine is treating each person as an individual and looking for body burdens leading to inflammation and/or where we may be able to support balance for optimal function.
Initial Consultation: Prior to your visit our practitioners will have reviewed your completed form and during your appointment will spend 60-120 minutes listening to your unique story. The consultation includes review of this detailed health history form, lab and/or imaging review from your other providers, extensive history taking, limited exam and initial recommendations.
Follow up appointments: Each new patient will schedule a 60 minute follow up 2-4 weeks after their first appointment to review testing and symptoms. Most patients will have 30-60 minute follow up appointments every 2-3 months moving forward, sometimes 3-6 months depending on health goals, symptoms, treatments, and testing. Appointment fees will be prorated to time (see follow up appointment pricing information below).
Investing in your health:
Payment is expected at the time of service. We accept all flex spending, HSA, Credit cards and checks.
All return checks are subject to a $35 fee. Any refund request will be processed minus processing and banking fees.
All balances over 60 days are subject to interest of 1.5% per month. We reserve the right to apply a $25 rebilling fee and $25 late charge for any payments overdue more than 14 days. Any accounts over 90 days past due will be required to pay to include all late fees prior to scheduling a future appointment.
We require a $150 deposit at the time of scheduling your first appointment. Any refund request will be processed minus processing and banking fees.
Effective Jan 1, 2024; the investment for the initial consultation is $630 ($150 deposit plus $480 at the time of service). Should a patient wish to pay in two installments, the remaining balance can be split up between two payments for an additional $20 to cover processing fees: $250 at appt and $250 2 weeks later.
- Effective Jan 1, 2024; Follow up appointments are prorated to the length of the appointment: 1 hour ($400), 45 min ($345), 30 min ($230), 15min ($115).
- We offer follow up packages which offers a 10% discount (if interested, please discuss with our admin). **Packages are nonrefundable and must be used within 12 calendar months from purchase.
- Superbill receipts with the applicable ICD10 and CPT codes are given to the patient at the end of each appointment which can be submitted to your insurance company for possible reimbursement and/or to go towards insurance deductibles. We cannot guarantee any insurance will reimburse or accept the Superbill receipt towards a deductible. For Medicare patients, we are NOT Medicare providers, therefore any claim to Medicare will be denied.
Rescheduling, Cancellations & No-Shows:
Our office will remind patients via email 1 week prior to their appointment, call one day prior and text the same day. Late arrivals can create scheduling problems with other patients. Please notify us if you are going to be late.
We have a 48-hour cancellation policy. Should you need to reschedule the initial appointment, the deposit will be saved for the rescheduled appointment. We have a cancellation list, please let us know asap if you cannot make your appointment to allow us the ability to offer other patients an appointment. Rescheduling an initial consultation more than twice may forfeit a deposit.
- If follow-up appointments are cancelled within the 48-hour appointment window, there will be a $75 charge.
- All No-Show appointments will be billed 50% of the expected appointment length (ie: a 60 minute follow up appointment will be charged $200).
- If a patient no-show’s or cancels more than twice they will be required to pay any fees and their upcoming appointment at the time they book their next appointment.
Fees: Given the complex nature of our specialty and a deeper dive into your unique symptoms or goals, there may be added fees such as but not limited to:
- Test kit fees
- Specialized diets (which may require higher grocery bills).
- Labs – Quest bills to insurance companies which has led to our patients’ receiving bills for $500-$2500.
Pls call your insurance and ask the following questions PRIOR to your initial appointment:
- Is it ok if your labs are ordered by an out of network provider?
- Do they allow you to go to Quest?
- What is your deductible for labs (and how close are you to meeting the deductible at this point)?
Communications: Unencrypted email is not a secure form of communication. Our team does our best to communicate with our patients through email and portal. We use encrypted email for any communication that includes personal identifiable information. Through these services patients will also receive confirmations and reminders. Patients have the option to opt out of these communications, but we do not recommend it. Doing so will remove the patient from ALL notifications and you will miss reminders and recommendations.
Supplementation: As a convenience for our patients, our office has partnered with trusted high quality virtual supplement dispensaries, to manage supplement inventory and delivery on our behalf. We value and trust these companies to provide only medical grade supplements through their dispensary. However, patients are under no obligation to purchase these products from us or our partners; patients may purchase the same products elsewhere. The quality of care in our office will not be affected by a decision to purchase or not purchase products from our office.