We are functional medicine consultants.
We require that you have a primary care provider to cover emergencies, routine screening and refills for chronic prescription medications.
To inquire about an appointment, call 508-625-1807 Or fill out your health history using our online intake form.
Once you’ve submitted your form, our providers will review your completed form and you will receive a call from us within 7 business days. For Patients who have worked with Sophia DaRosa-Spillane, NP within the last 18 months and wish to transition care to 4 Better Health, you will be required to fill out all initial forms.
4 Better Health providers are licensed to care for patients over 13 years old.
We are not accepting patients with the following diagnoses or conditions at this time:
- Heavy Metal Detox and Heavy Metal Chelation IV
- Unstable Psychiatric conditions
**Weight loss – We cannot guarantee weight loss. While our patients may lose weight, we work with our patients using the functional medicine foundations for balance and inflammation reduction. We empathize with and validate a patient’s desire to lose weight, we find weight loss happens as a ‘side effect’ of lowered inflammation, balanced hormones and metabolism, better sleep, prioritizing stress reduction and optimizing nutrient dense eating.
- Are you accepting new patients for Primary Care? No, we are not primary care providers. We are a specialty Functional Medicine practice and require that you have a PCP to work with us.
- Do your providers work with pediatrics? No, none of our providers are licensed for patients less than 13 years of age.
- Policy Transparency – We encourage you to visit this page for full Policy and pricing information
- Is there anything I need to do prior to my appointment? Yes, all potential patients are required to complete an online Health History form
- Do I need to fill out this health history form if I’ve already seen one of your practitioners in the past? YES – please click here to access our required forms and start your journey with us 4 Better Health.
- What should I bring to my appointment? Please bring your supplements and medications, medical records and labs from the last 2-3 years. Feel free to bring a friend or family member to offer another set of ears for your recommendations moving forward.
- How long are appointments 4 Better Health? Initial appointments are 1.5-2 hours in length. Follow ups are 30-60 min in length depending on complexity.
- Do you accept insurance? No, we are a self-pay practice. We are not a participating provider for Medicare or Medicaid. Our office does not work with insurance providers or referrals. Read more about why we don’t take insurance.
- What is the typical investment for appointments 4 Better Health?
Investing in your health is not a one-shot deal. It’s a journey. Most of our patients will need 2-3 visits in the first 3 months and then have check-ins 2-3 times yearly. The first appointment is typically 1.5-2 hours ($550), follow up appointments range from 30-60min depending on complexity ($200-350). Your health investment often includes copays for functional medicine testing as well as possible supplementation. Many of our patients will say “It was the best $1000 I ever spent!”. It’s truly a lifelong gift that keeps on giving for you and your loved ones. If you have the opportunity to put money aside into a flex spending or HSA card, please do. We happily accept these (see #10).
- Do you accept credit cards? Yes, we accept all forms of credit.
- Do you have payment plans? Yes, we have payment plan options.
- Do you accept Flex spending or HSA cards? Yes. You will receive a receipt for service in the form of a “Superbill”. Please keep this for your records should your insurance, flex or HSA require this.
- Will I receive documentation to submit to my insurance company? Yes, you will receive a receipt in the form of a “Superbill” with CPT and ICD10 codes. We do not work directly with your insurance company in submitting paperwork. About 50% of our patients have success with reimbursement from their insurance or their investment at 4 Better Health will go toward their insurance deductible. patients are able to submit their “Superbill” to their insurance to count toward their deductibles. Telephone appointments are rarely reimbursed. Reimbursement is highly dependent on your unique insurance plan and your deductibles.
- Why is there a $100 deposit? Due to our specialty and wait list, we require this to keep your appointment. We have a 48-hour cancellation policy. Should you need to reschedule, the deposit will be saved for the rescheduled appt. If you reschedule more than twice, the deposit will be forfeited, and you will be expected to pay 50% of the total investment for your scheduled appointment.
- Can I use insurance for lab work? Yes. Depending on your insurance plan you could pay nothing for your routine labs or a deductible. It is impossible for any medical practice to know what your unique insurance plan covers and or carries for deductibles. Functional medicine lab work is typically not fully covered and carries copays. It is the patients’ responsibility for payment should there be additional fees. Please call your insurance before having any labs drawn to inquire about deductibles, lab and/or ordering practitioner restrictions.
- Do you offer virtual appointments? Yes, we do offer Phone and HIPAA compliant Telehealth appointments as long as we have seen you in our office for an initial consultation and at least once yearly thereafter. We offer Telehealth only appointments for Florida residents without the need to be seen in our office.
- I just want to check my lab levels. Do I still need a full appointment? Yes, for your safety and ours, medically-legally we are bound to offer top care with due-diligence with a full appointment which may include a limited physical exam.
- I just need a refill. Do I still need to have an appointment? Yes, for your safety and ours, medically-legally we are bound to offer top care with due-diligence with follow up appointments which may include a limited physical exam.
- Is there a cancellation or No-Show policy? Yes. We have a 48-hour cancellation policy. If follow-up appointments are canceled within the 48-hour appointment window, there will be a $75 charge. All No-Show appointments will be billed 50% of the expected appointment length (ie: a 60 minute follow up appointment will be charged $175). If a patient no-shows or cancels more than twice they will be required to pay any fees and their upcoming appointment at the time they book their next appointment.
- Do you take walk in appointments? No, the office is open by appointment only. Office hours are Monday-Thursday 9a-430p. We are closed for office appointments but IV suite is open Fridays. Appointments are scheduled 9am-noon and 1-3p. We are closed 12-1.
- Do you offer other services? Yes, we offer IV Infusion and Injection services and Grace Talmante comes to our office every Friday to offer Ondamed. You can find more about her services here.
Social Media disclaimer: We encourage you to visit our full social media disclaimer here.
Website disclaimer: We encourage you to visit our website disclaimer/terms and conditions page here
To inquire about an appointment, call 508-625-1807 Or fill out your health history using our online intake form