We are functional medicine consultants.
We require that you have a primary care provider to cover emergencies, routine screening and refills for chronic prescription medications.
- Is there anything I need to do prior to my appointment? Yes, all potential patients are required to complete and submit a Health History form. We ask you to fax, snail mail or drop off to us in person prior to us booking your initial appointment. Due to HIPAA regulations, we can not accept these completed forms via email.
- What should I bring to my appointment? Please bring your supplements and medications, medical records and labs from the last 2-3 years. Feel free to bring a friend or family member to offer another set of ears for your recommendations moving forward.
- How long are appointments 4 Better Health? Initial appointments are 1-2 hours in length. Follow ups are 30-60 min in length depending on complexity.
- Do you accept insurance? No, we are a self-pay practice. We are not a participating provider for Medicare or Medicaid. Our office does not work with insurance providers or referrals. Read on for why we don’t take insurance.
- What is the typical investment for appointments 4 Better Health?
Investment is $320/hour. Investing in your health is not a one shot deal. It’s a journey. Most of our patients will need 2-3 visits in the first 3 months. The first appointment is typically 1-1.5 hours ($320-$480), follow up appointments range from 30min to 1 hour depending on complexity. Your health investment often includes copays for functional medicine testing as well as possible supplementation. Many of our patients will say “It was the best $1000 I ever spent!”. It’s truly a lifelong gift that keeps on giving for you and your loved ones. If you have the opportunity to put money aside into a flex spending or HSA card, please do. We happily accept these (see #8).
- Do you accept credit cards? Yes, we accept all forms of credit.
- Do you have payment plans? Yes, we have payment plan options.
- Do you accept Flex spending or HSA cards? Yes. You will receive a receipt for service in the form of a “Superbill”. Please keep this for your records should your insurance, flex or HSA require this.
- Will I receive documentation to submit to my insurance company? Yes, you will receive a receipt in the form of a “Superbill” with CPT and ICD10 codes. We do not work directly with your insurance company in submitting paperwork. About 50% of our patients have success with reimbursement from their insurance. patients are able to submit their “Superbill” to their insurance to count toward their deductibles. Telephone appointments are rarely reimbursed. Reimbursement is highly dependent on your unique insurance plan and your deductibles.
- Why is there a $100 deposit? Due to our specialty and wait list, we require this to keep your appointment. We have a 48 hour cancellation policy. Should you need to reschedule, the deposit will be saved for the rescheduled appt. If you reschedule more than twice, the deposit will be forfeited and you will be expected to pay 50% of the total investment for your scheduled appointment.
- Can I use insurance for lab work? Yes. Depending on your insurance plan you could pay nothing for your routine labs or a deductible. It is impossible for any medical practice to know what your unique insurance plan covers and or carries for deductibles. Functional medicine lab work is typically not fully covered and carries copays. It is the patients’ responsibility for payment should there be additional fees. Please call your insurance before having any labs drawn.
- Can appointments be performed via Skype or phone? Yes, we do offer phone appointments as long as we have seen you in our office for an initial consultation and at least once yearly thereafter. We do not offer Skype at this time.
- I just want to check my lab levels. Do I still need a full appointment? Yes, for your safety and ours; medically-legally we are bound to offer top care with due-diligence with a full appointment which includes a limited physical exam.
- I just need a refill. Do I still need to have an appointment? Yes, for your safety and ours, medically-legally we are bound to offer top care with due-diligence with a full appointment which includes a limited physical exam.
- Is there a Cancellation or No-Show policy? Yes. We have a 48 hour cancellation policy. Should you cancel or reschedule within the 48 hours prior to your appointment you will be responsible for a $50 charge.
- What are your hours? Monday-Thursday 8:30-4:00
- Do you offer other services? Yes, Dr Zub offers Full Spectrum Healing (a phenomenal form of energy work more info here) and Lisa offers group cleansing. Both Lisa and Dr Zub are also booking their calendars for 2018 for presentations large and small.
- Are you accepting new patients for Primary Care? No, we are not primary care providers. We are a specialty Functional Medicine practice and require that you have a PCP to work with us.
To book your appointment, call 508-625-1807 or fill out the Health History form.